he cliché of getting butterflies in your stomach when you find Mr. Right may not be far from fact. In fact, your heart isn’t the only one who can spot prince charming; your body can, too! Indeed, being around the person you love can cause tangible, physical reactions.
If you’re wondering whether or not the guy you’re currently dating is “the one,” maybe you need to quiet your mind and listen to your body instead. So, what kinds of signs should you look out for? Let us teach you some basic anatomy.
1. Signs. You can’t walk into a doctor’s office for a check up and ask if they can tell you whether or not the guy your dating is “the one.” However, there are some signs that your body gives you that can let you know that your partner is special.
2. Warmth. You feel warm and open when you’re around him. If the guy you’re dating makes you feel cold or closed off, get off at the next stop. A good relationship is one that is full of warmth and light.
3. Optimism. If you’re constantly depressed in your relationship, you’re probably in the wrong one. However, if you’re feeling happier and more optimistic than usual with this man in your life, he might be “the one.” You want someone who will keep the glass half full.
4. Motivated. Being around him fills you with positive vibes and makes you feel motivated and gives you the desire to be productive. If he makes you feel sluggish or drains your energy, that’s a sign that there’s something not right about the relationship. If he makes you feel like you’re on top of the world and can take on any challenge, he’s a keeper.
5. Be yourself. You feel completely comfortable being yourself around him. Around certain people we put up certain fronts or act a certain type of way. Your ideal partner, “the one” that you’ve been searching for, will never judge you for being who you are.
6. Scent. They say the sense of smell is the strongest out of the five. If his scent instantly makes you happy or evokes feelings of love, that’s a strong indicator that you’ve found someone worth keeping. We’re all animals at the end of the day!
9. Empathy. When he hurts, you hurt. If we really love someone, we empathize with them. If you can’t bear to see your man in any kind of pain or discomfort, so much so that it physically affects you, you might be made for each other.
11. Cuddling. Feeling a strong connection when cuddling is a big indicator of whether or not you’re compatible with someone. Cuddling is very intimate, and if you feel comfortable and at home doing this with your partner, you’re definitely headed in the right direction.
12. Calm. When you’re around him, you instantly feel more calm and more relaxed. If he has this soothing effect on you, it’s a physical sign that you two are a good match. “The one” should be someone you feel at ease around.
13. Echoes. Even after you’ve parted ways for the evening, your body still remembers the sensations it felt when you were in bed with him. If he leaves you with feelings this strong, even months into the relationship, you know you’ve got something real that’s worth hanging onto.