Dream Catcher sometimes referred to as “Sacred Hoops,” Ojibwe dream catchers were traditionally used as talismans to protect sleeping people, usually children, from bad dreams and nightmares.
Native Americans believe that the night air is filled with dreams, both good and bad. When hung above the bed in a place where the morning sunlight can hit it, the dream catcher attracts and catches all sorts of dreams and thoughts into its webs. Good dreams pass through and gently slide down the feathers to comfort the sleeper below. Bad dreams, however, are caught up in its protective net and destroyed, burned up in the light of day.
Choose A Dream catcher And We Will Tell You Something About Your Personality
1. You are conservative, reliable and trustworthy. You are quite trusting of others although you are very wary in the beginning until you are sure of the other person. At the same time, you also have a deep need to be trusted. You are not impulsive or spontaneous – you always think before you speak and act and do everything at your own pace in your own time. You take time to process and share your feelings. You are genuine and sincere, and you take your responsibilities seriously. you are generally fairly even-tempered, unless your emotions take over – then you can become either moody and over-emotional, or cool and indifferent. You are sensitive to the needs of others and caring with your close circle of friends. While you are friendly and sociable, you prefer the company of your own close group of friends. You are a rescuer and love to be needed but one of your lessons is to learn to love yourself first – you live from your heart and are always busy putting the needs of others first. You can be rigid – you like to stick to what is familiar to you and it is hard to sway you from your path – you stubbornly do things your way even if there is a better way. You need to have direction & order in your living and work spaces – untidiness and unpredictability overwhelm you.
2. Your basic feature is equality, implying fairness and impartiality, neutrality and independence. Reflective, awakening openness, growth and creativity. You can’t hide behind it as it amplifies everything in its way. You give protection and encouragement, offering a sense of peace and calm, comfort and hope, helping alleviate emotional upsets. Sometimes you get the feelings of isolation and emptiness; it can be too pristine and immaculate, making you feel as though you can’t make a move for fear of upsetting it or creating a mess. Innocence, purity, cleanliness, equality, complete and whole, simplicity, immaculate and neat, self-sufficient, pristine and open, new beginnings.
3. You are warm, optimistic, extroverted and often flamboyant. You are friendly, good-natured and a generally agreeable person. You are assertive and determined rather than aggressive – having a personality color orange means you are more light-hearted. You thrive on human social contact and social gatherings, bringing all types together. As a personality color orange you enjoy partying and socializing and planning all types of social events – orange people are the life of the party, the uninhibited performer! You are often the loud talker in a group. While you are charming and sociable you do tend to be a show-off. You get great satisfaction from helping others and they find you inspiring with your vitality and positive energy. You are tolerant and accepting of others just the way they are.You are a people person, motivated by what others may or may not think and always trying to keep up with the Jones’. You need people around you – being alone for too long makes you depressed and you then allow negativity to engulf you.
4. You are sensitive and compassionate, understanding and supportive, thinking of others before yourself. You are the person others come to for help. Being needed motivates you but sometimes people take advantage of you. You are a gentle and free spirit. Your feelings run deep and you can be quite sensitive to hurtful comments from others, although you would never show it, you have a peaceful and tranquil quality and a quiet dignity about you. People are drawn to your charismatic and alluring energy. You are usually introverted rather than extroverted and may give the impression of being shy although this is not the case. You are creative and like to be individual in most of your endeavors, including your dress and home decoration – you love the unconventional. You are idealistic, and often impractical, with a great imagination, dreaming of a future in an ideal fantasy world where you exclude the ugly side of reality – you tend to look at life through rose-colored glasses. People who don’t understand you sometimes think you are eccentric because you spend so much time in your fantasy world.
5. Prestige and power are important to you. You are independent, strong-willed and determined and like to be in control of yourself and situations. you are non-emotional and give the appearance of a dignified and sophisticated person who is in total control – this is often a front as you may feel quite insecure in the company of sophisticated and cultured VIP’s and upper class people. You like to keep people at a distance, guarding your emotions and creating an impenetrable barrier between yourself and others. you may be looking for protection from any negativity that surrounds you. You may wish to create an aura of mystery and intrigue, as in the sexy black negligee. You may be going through a stage of self-denial, not allowing pleasure and joy into your life. You hold things inside and are not good at sharing yourself with others, possibly out of fear. You are methodical in your work, making sure everything is completed as required, down to the last detail.
Originally appeared on stayonthehealthypath.com