1. You think about him all the time. There’s never a day when he doesn’t cross your mind. But he never tells you that he misses you or that he loves you. Sometimes, you wonder if your feelings are entirely one-sided.
2. Before you see him, you shower. Shave. Slip into a skintight dress. Fill in your eyebrows. Paint your lips. And when you meet up with him, he’s wearing the same T-shirt he wore the last time you saw him.
3. You’re always the one sparking conversations. If you don’t send him a good morning text, or change a dull subject into an interesting one to keep the conversation going, then you won’t hear from him for the rest of the day.
4. You’ve spent hours searching for the perfect present to hand him. Meanwhile, his gift — if he even gave you a gift — was clearly something he put zero thought into. It was a bracelet or a scarf or a pair of socks that he could have given to any girl. It wasn’t personalized for you.
5. You’re the only one coming up with date ideas. The one inviting him over. The one looking up movie times. You’re the planner, and he just goes with the flow.
6. You help him out in whatever way you can, because his happiness means the world to you. Meanwhile, he never even offers to pick you up from your house or wipe the ice off of your windshield. If you want his assistance, you have to ask him for it. Maybe even beg him for it.
7. When you have a problem, you want to sit down and talk things out. But he doesn’t want to talk about feelings. He just wants to ignore his problems and act like everything is fine.
8. When another man hits on you, you feel uncomfortable. Like you’re doing something deceitful, even though you didn’t flirt back. Meanwhile, your boyfriend is liking sexy pictures on Instagram and messaging the women to see if they’re single.
9. Whenever he talks about himself, you make a mental note to remember it all. But he’s forgotten basic stuff about you, like your birthday and brother’s name.
10. You’re the one on top during sex. The one doing all the work. And the only one that offers oral.
11. You compliment him every chance you get. On his beard. On his laugh. On his intelligence. But he rarely returns the favor. When he does, the compliment is about your looks. He never mentions anything about your personality.
12. You talk to him about how you can’t wait to move in with him and get married, but he never comments on your future plans. Sometimes, he even changes the conversation.
13. You make an effort to involve him in your life. You invite him out with your friends and ask your parents to cook dinner for him. But you don’t know anything about his loved ones. You’ve never even met half of them.
14. After an argument, you’ve canceled all of your plans and sat in bed, crying over him. But he wasn’t crying. He still went out with his friends to have a good time. Your fight didn’t ruin his night at all.
15. Your social media pages are filled with pictures of him. But he never posts anything about you. He hasn’t even changed his relationship status yet.
16. You do everything for him. Everything. You’ve handed him your heart. Exposed your soul. And he doesn’t even appreciate it. He’s never even given you a thank you.
Source: Thought Catalog